Pentegra Systems LLC is a growing, full-service systems integrator providing turn-key audio, video, data, security and telecom solutions that focus on the convergence of IP-based technologies. IP convergence has brought many technologies onto the data network that were previously not considered in network design. VoIP phone systems, video streaming & distribution, audio distribution (music, intercom & paging), surveillance cameras and access control systems are all being designed to exist simultaneously on a single IP network. Pentegra Systems, a business unit of Mechdyne Corporation, is located in Addison, IL with easy access to multiple expressways and serves the entire Chicago metro area. Please see our website for more information: www.pentegrasystems.com
As an Audio-Visual (A/V) Engineer, you will be responsible for providing operational support, and when needed sales support, in the design, installation, and commissioning of low voltage A/V systems and other related systems and software. The primary responsibilities will be fully engineering an A/V system and assisting with design documentation, procurement, installation, programming, commissioning, and close-out documentation. This role will engineer, program, and install a wide variety of A/V systems for schools, churches, corporations, and other entities as contracted. This will be an office, field, and client facing role.
Whether your needs involve audio, video, date network infrastructure, security, or telecom systems, our specialists in each of these areas will work together to formulate a solution that perfectly meets your needs. The Pentegra team includes experienced, knowledgeable design engineers, capable of evaluating your system needs and designing a solution that will exceed your expectations. Our approach is to provide the best value over the long term.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support in the design, development, installation, and commissioning of AV systems
- Translate a customer’s needs into system designs meeting all functionality requirements
- Propose products/solutions suitable for meeting design requirements and budget requirements
- Participate in project meetings with the appropriate- internal teammates and external clients
- Follow projects through to final adjustment and commissioning of installed systems
- Provide field support and expertise to the installation staff on jobs in regards to system design, equipment configuration, troubleshooting, documentation, etc.
- Work in the office/field to complete system programming, debugging and commissioning
- Create, organize, and maintain all job-related documentation and materials per company policy
- Minimum 2 years designing low-voltage AV systems
- Understanding the installation of products related to AV systems: control systems, audio systems, audio DSP’s, AV switches, AV extenders, conference room AV systems, video conferencing systems, broadcast video systems, classroom distance learning systems, basic network knowledge, etc.
- Basic networking including setting IP addresses and basic VLAN’s
- High School Diploma
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including Microsoft Office programs such as: Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Valid and current driver’s license
Power Skills You’ll Bring:
- Drafting software: AutoCAD or Visio – line drawings, rack elevations, room layouts, etc.
- Not required, but must be able to provide detailed information to a CAD engineer for creating connectivity diagrams
- Certifications in any of the following areas: Control code programming, DSP programming, industry AV hardware, setup of basic switches for an AV network, CTS, AVIXA, CEDIA
- Experience with any of the following hardware and/or categories:
- Crestron, AMX, Extron
- QSC, BSS, Biamp, Shure, Polycom, Crown, Anixter, Yamaha
- Barco Clickshare, Zoom rooms, Teams rooms, Cisco switches, Netgear switches
We Value Giving Back: We are proud to help organizations around the world. It’s essential to us that we help solve problems for the greater good and make a difference on the local level. Our commitment to the communities in which we live, and work is a longstanding part of our culture.
- Flexibility work environment
- Structured career ladders
- Recognition programs
- Profit sharing
- Exciting work environment that is always evolving
- Performance incentives
- Competitive salaries
- Generous benefits package
Statistics show that women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and minorities will not apply to a job if they believe they will not meet all of the listed requirements of a job. Don’t be a statistic. We encourage all backgrounds to apply.
Pentegra offers an exciting work environment that is continually evolving, with competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package, including performance incentives and profit sharing. Our selection process includes personality and aptitude assessments.
Pentegra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. Pentegra will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be provided.