Pentegra Systems LLC is a growing, full-service systems integrator providing turn-key audio, video, data, security and telecom solutions that focus on the convergence of IP-based technologies. IP convergence has brought many technologies onto the data network that were previously not considered in network design. VoIP phone systems, video streaming & distribution, audio distribution (music, intercom & paging), surveillance cameras and access control systems are all being designed to exist simultaneously on a single IP network. Pentegra Systems, a business unit of Mechdyne Corporation, is located in Addison, IL with easy access to multiple expressways and serves the entire Chicago metro area. Please see our website for more information: www.pentegrasystems.com
As Project Manager, you’ll handle the post-sales functions of an electrical-construction project to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and cost parameters! You will be responsible for managing the implementation of jobs contracted to Pentegra Systems, including attending on-site project coordination meetings, coordinating the generation of the project documentation and drawings, creating, and managing the project schedule, handling the project’s material logistics, and managing the on-site Union installation team. Additionally, you will assist the sales engineers with the design and proposal generation of Pentegra Systems provided systems on an as-needed basis.
At Pentegra, whether your needs involve audio, video, data network infrastructure, security, or telecom systems, our specialists in each of these areas will work together to formulate a solution that perfectly meets your needs. The Pentegra team includes experienced, knowledgeable design engineers, capable of evaluating your system needs and designing a solution that will exceed your expectations. Our approach is to provide the best value over the long term.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate project turnover meetings with the appropriate sales engineer to:
- Review all pertinent job documentation for scope of work.
- Verify material and manpower requirements.
- Establish project schedule.
- Ensure all project documentation is available for the shop and field staff.
- Coordinate with engineering, sales, and operations teams for the design intent to successfully assemble and install the system as proposed by sales.
- Manage team of primarily union labor-force and tradesmen on client site (new construction, remodel, or client-occupied commercial site).
- Organize the generation of the project submittals and drawings by the design engineer and CAD engineer, including block diagrams and rack layouts.
- Generate material requirements, allocation, and delivery to the job site.
- Coordinate the shop fabrication of plates, engraving of labels, and assembly of systems, when required.
- Assist the site engineers with on-site system implementation commissioning, initial turn-on, and client requests.
- Facilitate change order process with the appropriate internal team members to ensure that the company is compensated for any additional work performed on a project.
- Assist in the generation of as-built drawings and user manuals as required for the project.
- Attend on-site job coordination meetings, as required by the general contractor or client.
- Oversee the close-out of a project, including commissioning, testing, user training and as-built documentation.
Power Skills You’ll Bring:
- Experience relating to our field, technology, and construction industry (preferred, but not required)
- Leadership/management skills
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in electronics; or three years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of professional audio, video, IP video surveillance, card access, intercom, and data networking products.
We Value Giving Back: We are proud to help organizations around the world. It’s essential to us that we help solve problems for the greater good and make a difference on the local level. Our commitment to the communities in which we live and work is a longstanding part of our culture.
- Flexibility work environment
- Structured career ladders
- Recognition programs
- Profit sharing
- Exciting work environment that is always evolving
- Performance incentives
- Competitive salaries
- Generous benefits package
Statistics show that women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and minorities will not apply to a job if they believe they will not meet all of the listed requirements of a job. Don’t be a statistic. We encourage all backgrounds to apply.
Pentegra offers an exciting work environment that is continually evolving, with competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package, including performance incentives and profit sharing. Our selection process includes personality and aptitude assessments.
Pentegra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. Pentegra will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be provided.