Pentegra Systems is a business unit of Mechdyne Corp., one of the world’s leading providers of innovative audio, visual and information technologies. Mechdyne serves a global client base that includes a significant percentage of Fortune 500 companies, in a variety of fields and industries, such as oil and gas, university research, product design, manufacturing, government research, and training. Pentegra, located in Addison, IL serves a client base surrounding the Chicago area in a similar variety of fields and industries. To ensure our clients succeed, we provide comprehensive, customized solutions that include AV/IT hardware integration, physical security, VoIP systems and both wired and wireless network infrastructure systems.
As a Project Manager, you will be the go-to person between Pentegra and our clients. Your main focus will be helping your team execute on day-to-day project activities while working closely with engineering and installation teams, maintaining all project related schedules, and becoming a master of documentation for all project information. Be prepared to immerse yourself into projects and enable discovery each day!
- Deliver successful custom solutions to clients, on time and on budget
- Manage projects that range from a thousand to multi-million dollars in scope
- Responsible for overall coordination of complex, cross-functional projects
- Promote a high level of customer service and a professional, positive experience for our clients
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and services and controls timely delivery to job site
- Maintain construction schedule and coordinates task scheduling with other trades
- Maintain all records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records and supervises the preparation and processing of reports for internal and external use
- May estimate or assist in estimating projects which the company is bidding
- Bachelor’s degree in any business or engineering related field or equivalent working experience
- Minimum of 3 years project management experience in a construction industry
- Demonstrable experience and skill in building client relationships
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to lead a team to project completion
- Solid organizational skills including unyielding attention to detail
- Willingness to work hands on in a very fast paced, hi-tech environment
The “nice-to-haves” for this position include experience with at least a few of the following:
- Lean Construction understanding
- General commercial construction experience
- Prior experience with managing and reporting on project budgets
- PMP Certification is a plus
- ITIL certification is a plus
- Continuous improvement certifications such as Lean, Six Sigma, Agile, etc.
We are proud to help organizations around the world. It’s essential to us that we help solve problems for the greater good and make a difference on the local level. Our commitment to the communities in which we live and work is a longstanding part of our culture. Read more about our community contribution here.
Statistics show that women, veterans, minorities and individuals with disabilities will not apply to a job if they believe they will not meet all of the listed requirements of a job. Don’t be a statistic. We encourage all backgrounds to apply.
Pentegra Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. Pentegra Systems will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be provided.