Responsible for providing sales support and operational support in the design, installation, and commissioning of low voltage security systems and other related systems and software. The primary responsibilities will be fully engineering a security system and assisting with design documentation, procurement, installation, programming, commissioning, and close-out documentation. This role will engineer both card access and video surveillance systems for the commercial sector. This role will serve as a liaison between the sales team, operations team, and the client. This will be an office, field, and client facing role.
At Pentegra Systems, whether your needs involve audio, video, data network infrastructure, security, or telecom systems, our specialists in each of these areas will work together to formulate a solution that perfectly meets your needs. Our team includes experienced, knowledgeable design engineers, capable of evaluating your system needs and designing a solution that will exceed your expectations. Our approach is to provide the best value over the long term.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide support in the design and development of Access Control and Video Surveillance security systems
- Prepare timely and accurate engineered solutions for multiple physical security solutions
- Design security systems per scope of work and when needed provide scope of work.
- Translate a customer’s needs into system designs
- Interpret construction drawings and specification for system requirements.
- Provide submittal documentation for client review
- Participate in design review with sales/clients, provide input and recommendation as needed.
- Creating and/or editing the bill of materials (BOM),
- Provide detailed system flow diagrams, rack elevations, and functional data.
- Participate in project meetings with the appropriate internal teammates and external clients to review all pertinent job documentation, determining project schedules, and ensure the systems design is correct and meets expectations of all parties involved.
- Ability to maintain estimate databases, outlining typical materials and costs to save time on future estimates.
- Provide datasheets for products within the design for submittal purposes.
- Provide field support and expertise to the installation staff on jobs in regards to system design, equipment configuration, troubleshooting, documentation, etc.
- Work with internal and external network teams to integrate all physical security designs for a comprehensive and complete system.
- Organize and maintain all job-related documentation and materials per company policy.
- Ability to learn and take training, with a variety of technology
- Travel to client sites when necessary
- Other duties as required or assigned by company/management
- Minimum 2 years designing low-voltage Security systems
- Strong understanding of card access and video surveillance systems
- Understanding of installation of products related to access control, cameras, cabling infrastructure, AV/ Network racks, wall plates and interfaces
- Understanding of electrified door hardware and accessories
- Basic networking including setting IP addresses and basic VLAN’s
- High School Diploma
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work with diverse groups.
- Inclination to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a projects and tasks by a specific due date.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
- Valid and current driver’s license.
Additional Skills and Abilities a plus but not required:
- Drafting software: AutoCAD or Visio – line drawings, rack elevations, room layouts, etc.
- Certifications in any of the following areas: CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft, Windows
- Equipment rack build & system troubleshooting
- On-site test out and commissioning of complete systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with any of the following hardware and/or categories:
- Genetec, Exacq, Software House, Brivo, BluB0x, S2, Bosch, Salient, Eagle Eye
- Axis, Hanwha Techwin, Avigilon, Panasonic, NVR systems
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
We Value Giving Back: We are proud to help organizations around the world. It’s essential to us that we help solve problems for the greater good and make a difference on the local level. Our commitment to the communities in which we live, and work is a longstanding part of our culture.
- Flexibility work environment
- Structured career ladders
- Recognition programs
- Profit sharing
- Exciting work environment that is always evolving
- Performance incentives
- Competitive salaries
- Generous benefits package
Statistics show that women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and minorities will not apply to a job if they believe they will not meet all of the listed requirements of a job. Don’t be a statistic. We encourage all backgrounds to apply.
Pentegra offers an exciting work environment that is continually evolving, with competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package, including performance incentives and profit sharing. Our selection process includes personality and aptitude assessments.
Pentegra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. Mechdyne will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be provided.